Get Started Today
Dermaplaning is a cosmetic procedure that removes the top layers of dead skin cells. The procedure aims to remove fine wrinkles and deep acne scarring, as well as make the skin’s surface look smooth. Dermaplaning is safe for most people, with little risk of side effects when it’s performed by a licensed and certified cosmetologist or esthetician.
Because dermaplaning is a quick procedure with few to no adverse effects, it has quickly gained popularity among cosmetic providers across the country. Using a surgical blade and a delicate touch, the provider simply abrades the surface of the skin using light feathering strokes. This is a great treatment to offer to patients who are pregnant or nursing who want a deep exfoliation but are not allowed to use peeling agents on their skin because of the risk that the chemicals will be absorbed into the bloodstream.
DermaplanePro is the leader in dermaplaning certification classes, tools, supplies, and support in the United States and around the world. Students who receive their Certification in Dermaplaning from DermaplanePro are further advanced in knowledge and technique as they complete a two-tiered course that focuses a full day on hands-on experience.
DermaplanePro supports all skin care lines and back bars while offering the finest surgical grade blades and medical-grade products.
DermaplanePro University Online Course Includes:
- Video Training
- Dermaplaning Exfoliation Video and Quiz
- Skin Biology Video and Quiz
- Hair Biology Video and Quiz
- Client Consultation Video and Quiz
- Manual (PDF)
- Face Diagram (PDF)
- Dermaplaning Demonstration Videos: Left-Handed and Right-Handed
- Part-One Final Quiz
- Certificate of Completion
Part 2- Classroom Experience, Includes:
- Hands-On Dermaplaning with Instructor and up to 5 other students
- Deluxe ProStart Kit
- Experience working with tools and supplies in the Deluxe ProStart Kit
- Give and receive a complete dermaplaning facial
- Certification upon successful completion of the coursePost-Certification:
- Listing on the Find a Provider page at dermaplanepro.com (per your request)
- E-Mail, phone and live video support at no charge (as needed)
- Membership in DermaplanePro Certified Private Group on FB once you complete your certification. This is where you will receive post-certification support and guidance from our team of trainers, distributors and industry experts daily on the page and during our weekly live Q&A Demo Sessions.
Deluxe ProStart Kit Includes:
- 1 – Stainless Steel Blade Handle
- 1 – AHA/BHA Skin Prep Solution 4 oz.
- 1 – Nourish Dermaplaning Oil. 0.5 oz.
- 1 – 28/pk. #10R (14) & #10D (14) Butter Blades
- 1 – NuPeel Natural Enzyme 2 oz.
- 1 – Blade Remover Box
Following training the esthetician will understand:
- The history & purpose of dermaplaning test
- How dermaplaning compares with other forms of physical exfoliation and hair removal
- Differences among surgical and dermaplaning blades
- The necessary client forms that must be completed prior to client receiving treatment
- Record-keeping requirements and why
- Client selection
- Contraindications to treatment
- Instrument selection, preparation, use and disposal
- Proper sanitation of instruments and infection protection
- Blood spill procedure as it pertains to dermaplaning
- Methodology for dermaplaning treatment, including:
- Maneuvering the instrument
- Clinical endpoints
- Post-procedure options
Aesthetician will be able to demonstrate:
- Safe handling of blades before, during, and after treatment
- Safe disposal of used blades
- Proper sanitization of instruments used in dermaplaning
- Proper draping, client safety & comfort during the procedure
- Pre-treatment skin analysis and explanation of the procedure to the client
- The ability to follow the protocol for preparing the client’s skin prior to treatment
- Competency in performing the dermaplaning procedure on the full-face of a live model
- One of the 5 treatment protocols
Access to the online university is limited to one year after initial sign-on.
CERTIFICATION CLASSES ARE NONREFUNDABLE
Certification Courses are only available to professionals with one or more of the following licenses: Esthetics, Cosmetology
All students taking the DermaplanePro certification course must provide vailed proof of licensure before payment of the course