Record Numbers Keep Us Focused on the Vision
The return of Apollo’s High School students is always an exciting time and this year is no exception. Apollo opened its doors to a record 900 plus students and I am pleased to say the campus and all of Apollo’s programs are full! Enrollment has increased steadily – up from 720 students in 2018. This growth is due to multiple factors including Apollo’s staff members delivering exceptional education and training in the career tech and academic classrooms.
However, the campus does not shut down in the summer. Apollo Adult Education trains students 12 months of the year. The buildings and equipment are utilized each week and some weekends. Licensed Practical Nursing, STNA, Truck Driving, and Customized Training for business and industry are programs that continue serving students year-round. We even offered a short Career Tech camp for middle school students this past summer. Maximizing staff, equipment and facilities is a great return on investment for the taxpayers in our district. Apollo Career Center is proud to provide relevant and necessary training to meet the needs of students, business, industry and the community.
A 0.19 mill renewal levy is on the ballot November 8, 2022 for maintenance expenses:
• The first renewal request was passed by voters in 2013 at 0.19 mill.
• This is a 10 year levy.
• $416,994 is collected from the levy each year.
• These dollars can only be used for maintenance of the current facility including HVAC systems, roofing, windows, and other equipment.
• No salaries or benefits can be paid from this levy.
• This is the district’s only renewal levy.