HEERF (Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds) Student Emergency Fund
Through the American Rescue Plan Act, Apollo Career Center has been awarded additional funds by the U.S. Department of Education to make emergency financial aid awards to assist students impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic to continue their education.
Apollo Career Center Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) student emergency financial aid awards are prioritized for Apollo Career Center students with exceptional financial need to cover costs, such as tuition and fees, food assistance, housing assistance, health care (including mental health care) emergencies, childcare, and other educational-related expenses as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. As funds remain available, eligible students may be awarded through May 2022.
Eligible students must:
- Be currently enrolled at Apollo Career Center in a program that is 76 clock hours in length or longer and is leading to a Certificate of Completion.
- Demonstrate exceptional need or emergency financial circumstance related to COVID-19
- Must have already completed high school or its equivalent
- See our ARP-HEERF III Student Emergency Fund FAQs for details
Examples of emergency financial need or emergency expenses due to the COVID-19 pandemic include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition assistance
- Food assistance
- Housing assistance
- Child care
- Health care
- Technology and equipment needs
- Loss of employment
- Reduced income
If your financial situation has changed due to a change of income or loss of employment during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Financial Aid office requests that you complete your 2021-2022 FAFSA, and then file a Special Circumstance Form for possible adjustments to your FAFSA information.
Application Status Notification
- Students will receive an email notification about their Student Emergency Aid application status. Email notices are sent to students’ email account on file, so please make sure you have provided your current email address.
- Please allow up to 10 business days for receiving an email notice about the approval or denial of your application.