August 28, 2023
June 13, 2024
Get Started Today
Interested in a career in the dental field? Our dental assisting program will prepare you for this growing medical field.
The Dental Assisting program will prepare students for a career in the dental field. Dental Assistants help to increase the efficiency of the dentist in the delivery of oral health care. With a projected employment growth of 18 percent by 2024, Dental Assistants are in high demand. The growing link between general health and oral health will only continue to add to this growth. This program will prepare you to assist chair-side during specialty and operative procedures. Students will complete an externship experience in a local dental facility as part of the program.
- Ohio Certified Dental Assistant (CODA)
- Licensed Ohio Dental Radiographer
- AHA BLS CPR Certification
- Apollo Career Center Certificate of Completion
- High School Diploma or GED
- Complete the Work Keys Assessment
- Attend program orientation with the program coordinator
- Pass FBI/BCI background check
- List of required vaccinations:
- Hepatitis B Series
- Two-step Mantoux (TB)
- Seasonal influenza
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella
- BLS CPR certification (Must be American Heart Association)
Programmatic credentialing requirements and qualifications for employment vary per employer and/or facility.
Dental Assistant, Phlebotomy, Medical Assisting, and Medical Insurance Specialist Manager
PH: 419.998.2930PH: 419.998.2930