Get Started Today
Apollo offers American Heart Association (AHA) online blended learning; including BLS Provider CPR, Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid classes
After registration, enrolled students will receive login information via email with a link to complete the online course. To receive a provider card, the student must complete
the online portion + hands-on skill session with an AHA BLS Instructor.
The online portion can be completed in approximately 1 to 2 hours. Time to complete the hands-on skills session is about 2 hours, depending on the experience of theenrolled students.
BLS Provider (Healthcare Provider) – $75.00
Heartsaver CPR AED – $100.00
First Aid – $100.00
Skill session only – $50.00 each discipline
Checkoff sessions are held T/TH from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Call 419.998.3000 to set your appointment. If other times are needed, that can be arranged.
CPR AED and First Aid Classes
We offer full classroom-based courses upon request with four (4) or more attendants. Classes are at Apollo or at your place of business. Contact Joy Mendez for registration details.
BLS Instructor Course
The AHA requires that instructors be at least 18 years of age for Heartsaver Instructor Essentials and BLS Instructor Essentials Courses. Upon completion of the Instructor Course and successfully being monitored teaching within 6 months the instructor is eligible to teach courses in BLS Provider, Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid, as well as Heartsaver Blood-Borne Pathogen training.
The AHA has defined these 5 core competencies for all instructor candidates:
- Skills: Instructors need to demonstrate mastery in all skills for the courses they teach. This includes both the cognitive skills as well as psychomotor skills.
- Course delivery: Instructors need to teach AHA materials correctly and as outlined in the appropriate Instructor Manual and Lesson Plans.
- Testing: Instructors must be able to test students effectively.
- Professionalism: Instructors need to maintain a high standard of ethics and professionalism when teaching AHA courses.
- Program Administration: Instructors need to be able to manage time, space, materials, and paperwork in compliance with AHA guidelines.
The participant must have a current CPR card from either the American Heart Association or American Red Cross. Tuition includes BLS and Heartsaver instructor materials and the required online BLS Essentials prerequisite. The online course information is e-mailed to the student at least 1 week prior to class. Please bring current provider card and online BLS Essentials certificate of completion to the instructor course.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS, and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association, and any fees charged for such a course do not represent income to the Association.
Training Center Coordinator