This NEW Talent Ready Grant is offered in partnership with the Ohio Department of Higher Education to support students who exhibit financial need and are enrolled in programs that may be completed in less than one year that can lead to certification or a workforce credential in an in-demand job or career.
To be considered, students must submit and satisfy the following requirements:
- You must be a resident of Ohio to receive this grant. Photo ID will be required during registration.
- This grant only pays for courses that are included in the program list below.
- Student will be required to pay a non-refundable registration fee at time of registration.
- This grant will cover up to a maximum of $2,000 of Tuition per program; however, if you withdrawal (or are dismissed) prior to completing the education program, you forfeit the grant, and you will be invoiced for the balance due on your student account, in accordance with hours scheduled and the published refund policy.
- The student can receive up to three awards (maximum $6,000 per lifetime) for different certifications or workforce credentials, but they must successfully complete one certificate before receiving another award for a new certificate.
- The student must stay continuously enrolled in the approved program for funding to be applied.
- The awarding of this grant is conditional upon the continuance of state funding.
- Male students age 18 or older must be able to provide proof of registration with Selective Service https://www.sss.gov/verify/
- This grant can be awarded in conjunction with federal need-based financial aid, such as Pell grant. Therefore, submission of a current FAFSA is recommended but may be required.
- Only programs that are 600 hours or longer are eligible to receive federal student aid through FAFSA.
Approved Certificate Programs:
- Basic Police Academy
- Firefighter I
- Firefighter II
- Short-Term Welding
- State-Tested Nurse Aide (STNA)
- Truck Driving
To request a grant application or additional information, please contact Joy Baeumel, Financial Aid Specialist, at [email protected] or 419-998-2990.
This is a limited fund that will be awarded until funds are exhausted.